European Commission, October 2014 – October 2017
The EU award regional scheme for investigative journalism in Western Balkans and Turkey is established by the European Commission, DG Enlargement, following the EU Enlargement strategy which recognizes strong need for ensuring freedom of expression in the media, and for support to investigative journalism to monitor the reform processes and to keep the historical momentum toward the EU accession. The EU award for investigative journalism aims at celebrating and promoting outstanding achievements of investigative journalists and improving the visibility of quality investigative journalism in the Western Balkans countries and Turkey.
– 37 nominations evaluated by the jury
– 8 nominations for the category „young journalists“
– Winners of the EU Award for investigative journalism announced (absolute winner, the second best story, third best story, best story by young journalist.
– Award ceremony was held at EU Info Centre, Belgrade.
– Post award promotion was held in the Faculty of philosophy of the University of Novi Sad. Approximately 7 students of journalism attended the event.